Welcome to Annecy and its lake for these the 2nd FAI World Paragliding Aerobatics Championships.
Accommodation, sporting and cultural activities and other not to be missed events during the championships… you will find below links to all the information from our different partners. We wish you an enjoyable stay.
Hotels, camp sites, holiday rents … everything is possible around the lake!
You can get info from:
- Campsite Campéole la Nublière – Doussard (Camping partner located next to the nautical center).
Phone: +33 (0)188.8.131.52.44 – nubliere [at] campeole.com
- Our tourist office partners around the lake:
Tourist Office of Lake Annecy (Annecy and Around the Lake)
Tourist Office Sources du Lac d’Annecy (Faverges – Doussard)
Activities around the lake
What to do? A quick look at what Annecy, its lake and its surroundings can offer you:
- A guided visit of the historic center of Annecy with a guide-conférencier
- Cruises on the lake
- Cycle trips round the lake on the cycle tracks (fully separate from road on the west side, partially on the east)
- Nautical activities (boat hire, water skiing, wakeboard, paddleboarding, canyoning)
- Air sports (paragliding, microlighting, parachuting, hang gliding)
- Mountain sports (hill walking, MTB, climbing, accrobranch adventure park, via ferrata, mountaineering)
- Cultural activities (museums, castles …)
- Other activities: distance cycling, golf (Giez), mini-golf …
A few cultural or natural places:
- The museum of butterflies and insects
- Archaeological museum at Viuz-Faverges
- Tower of the lords of Faverges
- Lime kiln at Cons-Sainte-Colombe
- Grotto and Waterfall at Seythenex
Doing nothing? Why not!
Relax on the beaches around the lake, fish, visit markets …
If not, dare to try an unusual excursion:
- discover the lake from the air … in a plane, a helicopter or a hot air balloon
- discover Annecy and its region differently … in a 2CV classic car, VW combi, collectors VW beetle cabriolet, JEEP, rickshaw or Segway (Mobilboard)
Eating? Simple or chic, you have the choice
Events around the Championships
13-16 may: Bornes to Fly -> paragliding competition at Talloires
27-29 may: Tecnica Maxi Race -> trail running around lake Annecy
13-18 june: International Animated Film Festival -> Annecy
7 july to 30 september : Shed Festival (within Fabric’arts) -> Visit the 12 ephemeral architectural works resulting from an architectural competition installed in 12 symbolic places. Take advantage of the events within the framework of the Shed Festival during the summer of 2016.
- 16 july: Lake in fête -> Aerial show of aerobatic paragliding, DJ, catamaran light parade, fireworks over lake Annecy, Beach “Bout du Lac” at Doussard
22 july: Passing of the Tour de France -> Sprint between Faverge and Doussard
23 july: concert by cellist Edgar Moreau and the ensemble Il Pomo d’Oro -> Eglise de Faverges
6 august: Fête du Lac -> Firework display in the Baie d’Albigny at Annecy
21-27 august: Annecy Classic Festival -> Annecy
- 26-august-4 september : 2nd FAI world paragliding aerobatics championships, Doussard
- 4 september : Montée de la Tournette-> Skyrunning, at Talloires
17 september : Red Bull Elements -> Relay rowing-running-paragliding-MTB at Talloires
30 sep. – 2 oct.: High Five Festival -> Ski festival at Annecy
End nov. – beginning jan. : Noël des Alpes
and many others!
The Tourist Offices at Your Service
The environment around Lake Annecy offers a wide range of sporting and cultural activities to enjoy during the World Paragliding Aerobatics Championships.
Consult our partner websites:
Tourist Office Sources du lac d’Annecy
Phone # +33 (0)4 50 44 60 24
Tourist Office for Lake Annecy
Phone +33 (0)4 50 45 00 33